Last night I had a couple girl friends over. . .
to eat, drink, and catch up . . .
(you have no idea how long it took me to make these perfect rows!)
My amazing friend, Elizabeth from Eggleston's Edibles made her famous cake pops! (if you are in the Houston area, they are a MUST for any get together)
I love how flowers make a room so much more feminine!
Each friend brought a wrapped cookbook and put it at the end of the table. . .
Then we drew numbers and one by one we either opened a package or "stole" a cookbook that someone else had already opened! :-) It felt a little bit like Christmas! :-)
But everyone didn't just take a cookbook home. . .
They also took home a cheesecake! :-)
Key Lime Cheesecake or New York Style Strawberry Swirl Cheesecake
It was a wonderful night with amazing friends (some of whom stayed up chatting with me until 1 in the morning. . . needless to say, I needed a BIG cup of coffee on my way to the Junior League this morning!)
But . . . I felt badly that my blogger friends were not included. . . SO, I am giving away my most favorite cookbook of ALL time. . . River Road Recipes IV: Warm Welcomes by The Junior League of Baton Rouge!
Here is how to enter:
1. MANDATORY: Must be a follower of Elizabeth Ann's Recipe Box (leave a comment telling me so)
You can leave an additional comment for each of the below.
2. Follow Elizabeth Ann's Recipe Box on Facebook
3. Tweet about the giveaway (I just joined twitter! Elizabethannsrb!)
4. Facebook post about the giveaway
5. Blog about the giveaway
6. You have Elizabeth Ann's Recipe Box on your blog roll!
7. You have Elizabeth Ann's Recipe Box button on your blog!
You have 7 chances to enter! Giveaway closes at midnight Wed, July 6!!
FOURTH OF JULY CAKE
Fourth of July is quickly approaching and if you need a last minute, SUPER EASY, but oh so impressive, dessert. . . . I have the perfect cake!
Red cake, white cake,
blue cake. . .
baked it in the oven . . .
It is even patriotic in the middle! :-)
1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® white cake mix
Water, vegetable oil and egg whites called for on cake mix box
Red food color
Blue food color
1 container (12 oz) Betty Crocker® Whipped fluffy white frosting
1. Heat oven to 325°F. Generously grease 12-cup fluted tube cake pan. Make cake batter as directed on box, using water, oil and egg whites. Pour 1 cup of the batter into small bowl; stir in red food color until well mixed. Pour another cup of the batter into separate bowl; stir in blue food color until well mixed.
2. Pour red cake batter into bottom of pan. Carefully pour remaining white batter over red batter in pan. Carefully pour blue batter over white batter. (Blue batter does not need to cover white batter completely; it looks better if it just forms a ring in the center of the white batter.)
3. Bake as directed on box or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool cake 5 minutes. Meanwhile, place cooling rack over cookie sheet. Turn pan upside down onto cooling rack. Cool cake completely, about 30 minutes.
4. When cake is cool, divide frosting evenly into 3 microwavable bowls. Microwave 1 bowl of frosting uncovered on High a few seconds until smooth enough to drizzle over cake. With spoon, drizzle all of white frosting back and forth around cake in a striping pattern. Repeat microwaving second bowl of frosting until smooth. Stir in a few drops blue food color until well blended. Drizzle over cake, scattering frosting back and forth. Repeat with remaining bowl of frosting and red food color, making sure red, white and blue frostings can be seen on cake. Let cake stand at room temperature until frosting is set before serving.