I know I said that yesterday's Rice Krispies Treats were cute. . . but these are the cutest! :-)
These cookies would be "show stoppers" even if you didn't have a shamrock cookie cutter and made regular circle cookies and dipped half of the cookie in white chocolate and then added sprinkles! :-)
(makes 2 dozen cookies)
2 packages (about 16 oz each) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
1/2 cup all purpose flour
Green food coloring
1 package (14 oz) white chocolate candy discs
Green and white sprinkles or decorating sugar
1. Let dough stand at room temperature 15 minutes. Lightly grease cookie sheets.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat doughs, flour and food coloring, a few drops at a time in a large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until well blended and desired shade of green is reached. Reserve half of dough; wrap and refrigerate.
3. Roll out remaining dough between sheets of parchment paper to 1/4 in thickness. Cut out shapes using 2 inch shamrock cookie cutter. Place 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets. Repeat with reserved dough. Refrigerate 15 minutes.
4. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Cool on cookie sheets 5 minutes. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
5. Microwave dandy discs in medium microwavable bowl on HIGH 1 minute. Stir. Microwave at additional 15 second intervals until smooth and spreadable. Dip edge of each cookie into melted chocolate; decorate with sprinkles. Let stand on parchment paper 15 minutes or until set"Irish Favorites Cookbook"