My church had an awesome night for women about a week ago called Joy in Every Season! It was such a special time of prayer, learning and fellowship! I thought I would share some of the notes that I took!
* We all promote different things in our day to day lives. . . Tide To Go, The Baby Wise Book, a certain stroller, a specific slow cooker, a school, neighborhood, pastor, etc. . . Do we promote Jesus like we do the tangible things in our lives?
* The chapter the night was based on was Psalm 126 "When the Lord brought back the captives to Zion, we were like men who dreamed. Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy. Then it was said among the nations, The Lord has done great things for them. The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy. Restore our fortunes, O Lord, like streams in the Negev. Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy. He who goes out weeping, carrying seed to sow, will return with songs of joy, carrying sheaves with him."
* Our pastor had triple bypass surgery this past June and whenever his wife would worry, she literally felt the Lord telling her, "I'll handle this!" Isn't that comforting to know. . . God's got whatever we are dealing with!
* Joy is a consequence of obedience in our walk with the Lord!
* When you are in a season of drought, give thanks for the things HE has done in the past and have hope when you look ahead! He has taken care of you before, hasn't he?
* One of my most favorite verses is Jer. 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
* I also have always LOVED this verse that was shared, Psalm 30:5 "Weeping may remain for a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning!"
So with that said, this week has been one of rejoicing! http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/drewdinsdale/journal